The benefits of exercise are very well known to all. Scientists and researchers all over the world do not cease to repeat it at every opportunity. One study after another shows the beneficial effects of exercise on our mind and body.
Exercise helps us lose weight, eliminate and manage stress, stimulates the immune system and reduces the risk of certain diseases. There are many forms of exercise. These can be classified into two main categories, the aerobics, and anaerobic exercises. In particular, the aerobic exercise refers to any low-intensity activity that increases the heartbeat rate while the high-intensity physical activity is called anaerobic exercise (e.g. body building).
Aerobic exercises can be performed at all ages. However, the duration and intensity of aerobic activities largely depend on your age and stamina. Aerobic exercises offer many health benefits besides ensuring physical fitness.
The benefits of aerobic exercise can be broadly categorized as either ‘fitness’ (physical capacity) or ‘health’. Fitness and health are linked, and most forms of aerobic exercise will help you achieve both.
Regular aerobic exercise improves your cardiovascular fitness by increasing your capacity to use oxygen. It does this by increasing your heart’s capacity to send blood (and hence oxygen) to the muscles.
Regular aerobic exercise has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, colon cancer and breast cancer. It can lower blood pressure and improve your blood cholesterol by reducing the levels of LDL-cholesterol (so-called ‘bad’ cholesterol) and increasing the amount of HDL-cholesterol (so-called ‘good’ cholesterol). It can also reduce anxiety, stress, and depression, as well as instill a general sense of well-being. Regular aerobic exercise has even been shown to have the potential to increase your lifespan.
Examples of aerobic exercises include cardio machines, cycling, running, swimming, walking, hiking, aerobics classes, dancing, etc.
The best activity for you — and one you’re likely to stick with — is one you enjoy and that fits easily into your life.
Walking for 30 minutes a day at moderate intensity is great. Walking for a longer period of time is better still.
Like walking, running is an inexpensive exercise you can do anywhere at a time that suits you. It is beneficial in helping to improve heart and bone health.
If it’s too hot to walk or run, swimming can be a cool way to get fit. It’s a low-cost workout for the whole body especially the muscles of the back, shoulder, and arms and improves flexibility as well. It’s a good way to exercise if you’re overweight, pregnant or have joint problems as the water helps support your weight and can reduce the pressure on your joints. The risk of injury to muscles, ligaments or joints is also low.
Cycling is also a good exercise for improving leg strength and toning leg and buttock muscles.
During aerobic activity, you repeatedly move large muscles in your arms, legs and hips. You’ll notice your body’s responses quickly.
You’ll breathe faster and more deeply. This maximizes the amount of oxygen in your blood. Your heart will beat faster, which increases blood flow to your muscles and back to your lungs.
Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
In addition to strengthening your heart and cardiovascular system, participation in regular aerobic exercise has many health benefits.
The important benefits are:
- The heart operates more efficient and becomes stronger.
- It helps to control your weight.
- Decreases the risk of developing diabetes, heart diseases, and obesity.
- There is an augment in good cholesterol and reduction in bad cholesterol.
- It augments endorphins.
- Augments the body’s efficiency to take in oxygen and makes you breathe faster.
- It helps to reduce and regulate the body fat.
- Increases the body muscle strength and elasticity.
- Increases the quality of sleep that refreshes you early next morning.
- Helps to decrease chronic diseases like heart disease and hypertension.
- Aerobics intensify the resistance fatigue and gives you more vigor and energy.
- Recovers your mood and decreases the depression, stress, and anxiety.
- It avoids overheating.
- Aerobics pushes the blood faster and more energetically.
- Helps in prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- Sculptures muscles of the body and makes your body more flexible.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Prevents from certain types of cancer also.
- Keeps your levels of body mass stable burning fat because of their combined exercises.
- Improves your circulation and helps your body use oxygen better.
- Increases endurance (stamina), which means you can workout longer without getting tired.
- Improves sleep
In general, aerobics burns your fat. Aerobics provides a long life, a healthy life, and happiness. Increases a positive attitude in you and modifies your perception of looking towards life.
Getting Started With Aerobic Exercise
Now that you are aware of all the reasons aerobic exercise should be part of your healthy lifestyle, how about getting started? Before beginning any exercise program, especially if you have health issues, talk to your doctor. Choose activities that you enjoy.
Curves For Her – A Women Fitness Studio in Thane Provides Aerobics Classes.
Visit: https://curvesforher.in/aerobics-workout/ to learn more.
Also, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/curvesforher/
And stay updated about the latest Fitness information.